Mixed League Rules
CAYMAN ISLANDS NETBALL ASSOCIATION
MIXED LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP
- The 7 aside Netball Game will be played according to INF rules.
- Players must be 16 years and over to play in the mixed league.
- All players must pay their registration fee of $25.00 before they play any games.
- Teams/Club should pay $25 per player.
- Only 12 players make up a squad per week (ie 3 male and 5 females)
- The positions the men can play in are: Goal Shoot, Centre and Goal Keep.
- All players must start the game with a single sex opposition.
- If a team shows up with less than three men they are not allowed to play the game. The opposing team will get the points for win.
- All teams must wear the kit they submit for registration. Any exceptions must be approved by CINA.
- Warm up for all players, officials and managers will be minimum 15 minutes before actual start time. Ensuring safety and punctual start.
- Games start between 6.45-7pm at the Truman Bodden Sports Complex Netball Courts.
Games will start at the allotted time – There will be NO grace period. If Team A is not on the court, the opposition, Team B, will score 1 goal for every minute Team A are late. Any team not on court at the start of the second quarter will forfeit the game. The timer will start the clock at the allotted time even if teams do not take the court.
Example: If Team A is 3mins late – When the teams take the court the clock will be at 3mins and so there is 12mins left of the 1st Q and the score will be 0-3.
A player arriving late may only enter the game after a goal has been scored or immediately following an interval or at a stoppage for injury or illness.
- Scheduled games will be played on Thursdays. Any rescheduled games will be played on Tuesdays.
- Teams are allowed to reschedule a game only once and the game should play the following week.
- Games will be 40mins; 10mins each quarter. 3mins interval between quarters and 5mins during half-time.
- Players’ nails will be checked by the umpires before the start of the game. Any late arrival MUST report to an umpire for nail check. No tape worn over nails will be allowed, all nails need to be cut and smooth.
- Teams that finish with the most points will be awarded the 2016 league champion. In the event of a tie on points goal difference will be used to determine the winners.
- Points will be awarded as follows:
- 5 points for a win
- 3 for a draw
- 1 point for loss.
- Captains are required to thank each umpire and sign match sheets at the end of each game.
Score sheets should be placed in the Score Box after each match. The score Box will be located on or between court one /two officials Table
- Teams named first on the schedule are the “Home-Teams”
- In the event of a clash on uniform colours or bibs, the home-team will be required to change their bibs.
- Teams may ONLY use players whose names appear on their registration list which is held by CINA.
- Once a player has been named and has played on a team he/she cannot transferred or play for another team.
- Additional players: teams wishing to add players to their team must use the additional players form and pay per rata for the remainder of the games.
- Each team may declare up to 12 players prior to the start of each game ensuring you have minimum of 3 male players for each game.
- No team may postpone or cancel games without first contacting CINA. Mrs Norma Ferryman (928 3614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postponed games must be played the following Tuesday.
- Umpires’ decision is final.
- Umpires are expected to be properly attired and prepared with the necessary tools.
- The Bench is responsible for the score sheets.
- Captains or team managers must ensure that score sheets are properly signed by umpires and captains, players’ signature and finally put in score box at the end of the game.